You know this bag already 🙂 This is te same model as the green-navy blue one. Of course I used other fabrics, but it is not the only difference. The handbag was stiffen in a different way, so it gained a more box-like character.
As a stiffening I used Vilene Decovil interfacing. This is a very good product though, like everything, has some flaws.
- it stiffens a fabric very well, there’s no comparison to apparel interfacings
- it’s really easy to fuse in home conditions
- adds some weight to sewn things
- requires a different sewing technique – it is best to fuse it at the end, and you won’t be able turn it over a small hole
- hard to get (at least in Poland)
Back to the bag – it was made of faux suede in 2 colors, the lining is cotton. As usual adding rivets makes it look more professional – I really love them 🙂
Do you have any experience with the Decovil interfacing? Please share your thoughts 🙂