I’ve been liking jersey necklaces for a long time – from the moment I’ve seen them somewhere on the Internet. So now I’m going to show you how to make one – it’s simple, there is only cutting involved, no sewing or finishing needed.
- a T-shirt (it shouldn’t have side seams)
- tailor’s chalk, soap, pen or whatever you have at hand
- a long ruler
Making the jersey necklace
1. Rip the bottom hem to have a little more fabric. Lay the t-shirt out on a flat surface.
You could also:
- cut out the strips from 2 sizes of t-shirts – necklace will be more “messy”
- cut out the strips from t-shirts in 3-4 colors and mix them
- decorate the necklace with some brooch or a flower
- add some beaded necklace or chain
You may also cut some loops and:
- braid them in braids
- tie knots
- thread beads onto them (if you have difficulty finding beads with holes big enough – try dreadlock beads)
So have fun with it 🙂