Skip to main content
Dalmatian costume for women, DIY, sewing blog

My first costume

Maybe some of you have heard about the action “Tear down the chains” – I don’t know if this is a global protest or just only happens in Poland. Anyway – I was asked to make 2 costumes for one of the events. I wasn’t sure how exactly I should sew them, but I agreed.

For the duration of this project I got an access to an industrial sewing machine – it was really pleasant to use. So I’ve made tops, shorts and dog’s ears. The most difficult part was to make the tails – they had to be protruding. I put a stiff wire inside them and stuffed them with a wadding.

And this is how it turned out (check out the next post for photos on a model):

Leave a Reply